Following the announcement from the Welsh Government last Friday, we’re so excited to now be in a position where we can prepare to reopen. We’ve been busy putting social distancing measures in place across the site over recent weeks and we plan to be ready to throw our gates back open on Monday 13th July.
We can’t wait to see you all again. We know you’ll be looking forward to visiting but please could we kindly ask for your understanding whilst we prepare more information regarding our reopening over the coming weeks.
At the moment we are awaiting further guidance for the reopening of attractions to be issued and as soon we have this, we will of course be able to update you further.
In the meantime, please see details below of a couple of the changes that will be in place:
• We’ll be requesting Pre-booking of tickets online so we can safely monitor/limit the number of visitors at the Zoo each day and also ensure a smooth and efficient admission. All visitors, members and children under the age of three will require tickets.
• Our indoor areas will be closed and services and animal demonstrations temporarily suspended in line with the latest government guidelines.
• For those whose annual memberships expired whilst the Zoo is closed, please note that you will have the length of time remaining from the date of closure extended on to your membership once we reopen. For those whom have taken membership out during our closure, please note that your membership will be processed and activated once we reopen.
• Pre-booked admission tickets that have expired whilst we have been closed will remain valid until the end of the year.
• Due to continued social distancing requirements, we will not be offering animal experiences when we reopen and any pre-booked experiences will be rescheduled. Our team will be in touch with those who had booked an experience to discuss re-booking dates in the future.
As we are sure you will appreciate, this is an extremely busy time for us at the moment in which we are operating with limited staffing levels. Whilst we prepare procedures, please could we kindly ask that messages, emails and calls are kept to a minimum. We’ll be sharing updated plans with you very soon!There is no getting away from the fact that we have suffered extreme financial damage since closing and the road to recovery will be long and uncertain.
We’d like to take this opportunity to thank you, our friends and supporters, from the bottom of our hearts for the great lengths you have gone to over the past 3 months to support the Zoo charity. We are truly humbled by what each and every one of you have done, and we hope will continue to do, in support of the NATIONAL ZOO OF WALES.
You can continue to support us in the following ways:
• Adopting one of our animals - https://www.welshmountainzoo.org/conservation/animal-adoption• Becoming a member - www.zswa.org
• Donating to our fundraiser on www.virginmoneygiving.com/fund/welshmountainzoo
• Donating via Facebook, Welsh Mountain Zoo
• Send us a cheque in the post to Welsh Mountain Zoo, Old Highway, Colwyn Bay, LL28 5UY• Items can also be purchased at Farm and Pet Place stores or on their website - http://www.farmandpetplace.co.... (enter Zoo address for delivery), and they will then hold the stock and will supply to us as and when we require the items purchased.