Have you ever wondered what it’s like to be a ZOO KEEPER and to get up close and personal to many endangered animals? Well now you can! As a Keeper for the Day your day will start at 10am and finish at 4pm. The cost for the whole day is £170 for 1 person or £300 for 2, and includes:
- The chance to meet, feed and muck out some of the most amazing animals in the world
- A whole day with our Zoo Keepers
- Zoo admission for a guest for the WHOLE day
- Free lunch
- A Keeper for the Day t-shirt
- Goodie bag and certificate
- Great memories
Please note that all participants of Keeper for the Day must be over 16 years of age. For those that are under 16, please see our Animal Encounter page. Keeper for the Day is only available by advance booking and is aimed at enhancing appreciation, whilst also providing you with great memories that you will treasure forever. All the fees charged from this Zoonique scheme will be used to further the Zoo’s charitable conservation and education objectives. Keeper for the Day is available on any day of the week and only up to 2 people can be ‘Keeper for the Day’ at any one time. This is to ensure that you have a truly intimate and unique encounter with our animals. Once a booking has been made, the participant(s) will receive a ‘Keeper for the Day’ information pack, which outlines health and safety procedures, terms and conditions and a declaration. All these documents must be completed by the participant and handed to the Zoo prior to the experience. This is your chance to see what happens behind the scenes at the Welsh Mountain Zoo. If you would like to apply click the button below, or please telephone the Animal Experience secretary on 01492 532938 or email: email@example.com
Click To Apply
Please note the following points: Terms and conditions of Keeper for the Day
- Keeper for the day is available to persons aged 16 years and over
- Bookings can be made online 24hrs a day.
- We do not take over the phone bookings.
- A minimum of 2 weeks booking is essential, however most participants book 2 months in advance.
- All participants must provide the Zoo with 4 choices of dates.
- Please wear clothing suitable for working with the animals and for all weathers, and Wellingtons.
- No refunds will be given for cancellations made less than one month in advance.
- Keeper for the Day is an exclusive experience for one or two people.
- The scheme will allow for one accompanying guest free of entry, all other guests must pay to enter the Zoo.
- The experience is for the recipient(s) only.
- The timetable for Keeper for the Day has been devised in order to allow as much time as possible with the keepers whilst not detracting from the running of the Zoo.
- If circumstances dictate, such as bad weather or a particular animal being unwell, it may be necessary to change your date.
- The Welsh Mountain Zoo reserves the right to close all or parts of the Zoo as necessary.
- A reasonable level of fitness is required to take part in the day.
- Keeper for the Day is not available to women who are pregnant.
- The data you supply will only be used for the purpose intended and not passed to any third parties.
- Experiences are not suitable for those allergic to dust or animal fur or bedding.